Kayıt
1 Temmuz 2014
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
Bursa
Bisiklet
Bianchi
Good night everyone :) :kahve:. Soon I'm gonna study in Antalya (link) and I'm looking for a hybrid bike with rigid fork. I compared some variants and understood this: brand bicycles (Specialized, Trek and other) are very expensive here. So I want to buy a bike for 600-700 dollars with rigid front fork, 24 speeds (alivio-deore/sram x4 or else). I think disc brakes aren't required on city bicycle and good V-Brakes are welcomed.
Wanted to buy Specialized Sirrus Sport for 899 dollars, but the price is inadequate :evil:. The same situation with Trek 7.2/7.3 fx. For example Sedona 320 with Sram Via/Avid DB-1 costs only 630$.
Then what can you say about Sedona? Interested in 310/320. Good bikes? I see this is turkish brand. Drivetrain and components are good for this price. :p
And maybe you can recommend any other bikes for this price? Looking only for rigid bike.
Sorry for my English. And I don't know Turkish. :utn: You can use Google Translate.
Thanks.

Scudo

Mutlu Yiğit

Aktif Üye
Kayıt
24 Ağustos 2013
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
Alanya
Bisiklet
Bianchi
You can look at Merida Speeder T1 or T2 maybe or Giant Rapid 3...

S. Orçun

Üye
Kayıt
25 Mayıs 2014
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
izmir
Bisiklet
Salcano
you are erasmus or something else ?

If you are erasmus, you'll stay here for a short term. If you buy something about 600$, you can sell about 300-400$ before you go. I think you should buy cheaper bike like 'Salcano City Fun 70'. It is 250$. It is quite beginner bike. You mentioned you dont have lots of money. I think if you dont want to lose lots of money, you should buy something like that.

@Arslano_O

Edip D.

HTFU!
Kayıt
12 Haziran 2011
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
Sarıyer, İstanbul
Başlangıç
2000—01
Bisiklet
Diğer
You can check second hand bikes.
sahibinden.com is a Turkish second hand online market.. You can use filtering system to find what you're looking for..
For example,
(link)

These are second hand city bikes which are located in Antalya and the maximum price is 1500TRY (~700$)..

Burçak Erbil

Forum Bağımlısı
Kayıt
30 Eylül 2006
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
Istanbul
Sedona (as well as some other similar Turkish brands) have their frames made in major Taiwan factories, so they must be more or less in par with the “known” brands.
So if you are satisfied with the components and can live with the somehow lousy graphics you might as well save some bucks by buying a Turkish brand ;)
But I've got the impression here that, these local brands' most particular drawback is lacking good aftersales service unfortunately :(

halilgoksal

Aktif Üye
Kayıt
12 Eylül 2012
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
Manisa
Bisiklet
Merida
Sedona is a well known brand in Turkey and produce good bikes. yet they are somestimes short on stock and you may have problems with frame sizes. before you buy I belive you should consider other bikes Mutlu suggested. Sedona 310/320 looks like a MTB frame dressed in city components and Merida Speeders are more like road bikes with flat bars. your Specialized falls somewhere in between. you should check the frame geometry and decide on your riding characteristics before you buy. Sedona is more like a cross bike and may have wider range for riding, and speeders are more tarmac bikes and may be uncomfortable on unpaved roads.

Tahsin Y.

Forum Bağımlısı
Kayıt
24 Haziran 2014
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
İstanbul/Acarkent
If u want to buy Turkish bran bicycle u should check Carraro too. (Btw im sedona owner and its good enough)

Mert E.

We create Chemistry
Kayıt
19 Ocak 2014
Mesaj
Tepki
Yaş
Şehir
istanbul
Bisiklet
Giant
Let the suggestion games begin! :)

Sedona, Carraro, Salcano are best known and widely used local brands with sufficient build and finish quality. Although it's mostly a matter of luck about after sales services as licenced dealers and repair shops may not be enough capable the prices are much affordable than multinational brands.

For bigger brands; Taiwan brands like Merida and Giant are more competitive than other ones like Trek, Specialized, cannondale and others. Beside these, it worths to check some German brands as well, such as Ghost, Cube and Focus.

If you wanna go with the components, local brands will be the best choice for you, just pick the one which fits your needs most.

Berke

Road Bike Cyclist
Kayıt
21 Haziran 2013
Mesaj
Tepki
Yaş
Şehir
İstanbul
Başlangıç
2014—15
Bisiklet
Bianchi
Bisiklet türü
Yol bisikleti
Specialized and Trek is the most expensive brands in Turkey. I think Sedona's drivetrain is low I recommend you to look at this bicycle (link)
You can find it nearly 800 usd it has a good drivetrain according to the price.

x-rayted

Forum Bağımlısı
Kayıt
20 Eylül 2011
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
istanbul, Maltepe
İsim
Cenk K.
Başlangıç
1972—73
Bisiklet
Bisan
Bisiklet türü
Yol bisikleti
@Mutlu Yiğit

I second that.

A forum member from Antalya sells his brand new (bought april 2014) 2014 Merida Speeder T2-V brake size 52 in this topic. His price is 1350 TL
(link)

If this size fits you consider this bike

ArslanOo

Üye
Kayıt
1 Temmuz 2014
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
Bursa
Bisiklet
Bianchi
Thanks everyone, arkadaslar :)
@Edip Dinçer
Tesekkur ederim! ;) I don't see anything bad in second hand bikes. That's an idea
Burçak Erbil, and what about warranty? On components and frame. Brands have 12 years+ warranty on frame and 1 year on drivetrain.
Mert E., I understood that local brands have worse after sale services?
The main question is about warranty. All services I can do by myself, but if my bicycle's frame would be broken...
@Berke Kazankaya
Wow! Looks really good for this price! :rolleyes: One more variant for me.

And one more moment... My height is 192 cm and weight is 91 kg. Is Sedona or Carraro's frame so strong for these parameters? :D
I looked Sedona's 320 ETT... 21" frame would be good for me I think. My Specialized here has Xl frame (but it's only 20") and I've got no problems with riding :kahve:
Thanks again :)

Berke

Road Bike Cyclist
Kayıt
21 Haziran 2013
Mesaj
Tepki
Yaş
Şehir
İstanbul
Başlangıç
2014—15
Bisiklet
Bianchi
Bisiklet türü
Yol bisikleti
@Arslano_O

I also ride Carraro Race 052 (road bike) I haven't seen any problem so far about the frame. It's quite rigid frame and fork.
You'll not have a problem if you buy it.

ArslanOo

Üye
Kayıt
1 Temmuz 2014
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
Bursa
Bisiklet
Bianchi
@Berke Kazankaya
Yeah... I wanted to buy road bike too... But in Belarus they are expensive and here no frame sizes for me :agla:
And what you can say about Sedona 320 and Carraro Sportive 330? The most good variants :)

Berke

Road Bike Cyclist
Kayıt
21 Haziran 2013
Mesaj
Tepki
Yaş
Şehir
İstanbul
Başlangıç
2014—15
Bisiklet
Bianchi
Bisiklet türü
Yol bisikleti
@Arslano_O

If I were you, I would buy Carraro without thinking.

ArslanOo

Üye
Kayıt
1 Temmuz 2014
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
Bursa
Bisiklet
Bianchi
Berke Kazankaya , then okay :) I'll think
Maybe you can help me, what frame sizes that carraro has? For my height

Mert E.

We create Chemistry
Kayıt
19 Ocak 2014
Mesaj
Tepki
Yaş
Şehir
istanbul
Bisiklet
Giant
@Arslano_O

I can't generalise this thread that all services for local brand's sucks, but the main impression in the forum is that it's more likely to come across bad services if you buy it from a lokal bike dealer. But, it indeed could be a problem for bigger brands as well. Yet, you'll have plenty of good remarks and feedbacks about dealers and services in the forum, i do not think it would be much problem for you.

The point of your height is much more a bottle neck, i guess. Usually it's not that easy to find larger frames in local brands. You should make an inquiry to the market much more than for standard size frames.

ArslanOo

Üye
Kayıt
1 Temmuz 2014
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
Bursa
Bisiklet
Bianchi
@Mert E.
Forget it. I don't care on their service.
Yeah, I'm tall :) In Belarus it's standart men height.
I think Sedona's 320 21" frame will be ok for me, isn't it? If no, I'll have to buy a brand with bigger frame...

Berke

Road Bike Cyclist
Kayıt
21 Haziran 2013
Mesaj
Tepki
Yaş
Şehir
İstanbul
Başlangıç
2014—15
Bisiklet
Bianchi
Bisiklet türü
Yol bisikleti
@ArslanOo

I don't know city bike sizes but you can find that bike for your height.

ArslanOo

Üye
Kayıt
1 Temmuz 2014
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
Bursa
Bisiklet
Bianchi
@Berke Kazankaya
Okay :) Thanks anyway
First of all I have to arrive in Antalya :kahve:

Edip D.

HTFU!
Kayıt
12 Haziran 2011
Mesaj
Tepki
Şehir
Sarıyer, İstanbul
Başlangıç
2000—01
Bisiklet
Diğer
Your weight is not an issue, any frame will handle your weight.. But your height is an issue..
I am also 1.95. It's hard to find larger sizes in Turkish brands. Carraro's biggest frame size is 21.2" I guess (MTB)..
Sedona's and Kron's largest frame size is 21". I have no idea about Salcano but I don't think they have a larger frame..

I ride a Trek FX7.5 22.5" (with a longer stem), and a Cannondale SuperSix 60 cm.